Friday, December 10, 2010

Is He Your Friend?

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:12-15
The passage in John 15 tells us that Jesus is our friend.  Do you consider Him as a friend?  It is sometimes not what we consider our Lord, but scripture is clear He wants to be our friend.  Many times we view God as our guide, leader or sometimes view Him as a mean parent.  These views of God aren't bad, but we should add friend to our list of thoughts about God.

What does your friendship look like with Jesus?  It should be similar to our friendships on earth.  We talk to our friends, share secrets with our friends, cry with our friends, be open and honest with our friends and love our friends.  We have the option to talk to God in prayer all day long.  Spend time in His word and be honest with our Lord.

Remember, He is your Lord and also wants to be your friend.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment