Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Month at Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center by Bryant Sanders

At the beginning of the summer I figured that I was just going to be working another job at a church camp. I have realized that Highland Lakes is more than just a church camp. Its a collective group of family that is here to support each other. Like most families we have our drama and arguments, but at the end of the day we are still a family that loves each other. Working on the Public Relations Staff has challenged me to be a stronger person in Christ. I was walking through life doing the things that I wanted to do with my future. I always thought that I was going to be a Band Director. God has other plans in my life and is telling me otherwise. I feel that God is telling me to continue to be a music major, but not just a music education major. During the M3 camp the band Dutton played this song called Welcome Home. When the chorus came I felt the Holy Spirit move through me and I couldn't move. God was telling me that I needed to is be a minister.

Bryant Sanders is serving on the Public Relations Team and currently attends Odessa College and is double majoring in Music Education and Music Performance. Be praying for him and the rest of the Summer Missions Team  (SMT) as they continue to serve daily.

For more information about the Summer Mission Team (SMT) program visit our website www.highlandlakescamp.org/SMT

No comments:

Post a Comment