Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Letter from Ashley

Here is another, heartfelt letter from one of our staff members, Ashley Beggs.  She has been serving in Kenya and has a passion to serve in Kenya. Please be praying for Ashley as you read her words.

Dear Friends:

as of today i have 2 full days left in Kenya. I am having mixed emotions. part of me is excited to go home to see my sister and mom and family, but i feel my heart will be left here. i hope this isn't some kind of "camp high." i really have no words to explain it. i really can see myself here next week and the next, etc. i haven't really thought much about home and returning. i have been able to stay in contact with kelsey and my mom on the phone, when i remember the time difference.

at the moment my mind and heart are torn.

i wish i could type more but there are lots of rambunctious and obnoxious youth who just entered the coffee shop and i can't concentrate. please keep the brackenhurst staff in your prayers while these teens are here. i've already watched grace clean up one huge mess for them to create another. (i think this is why foreigners hate Americans)

God Bless. and see you soon.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment