Thursday, January 27, 2011

~ My testimony~ by Corinne V.

Corinne has served as a Team Servant for two years. The Team Servant program at Highland Lakes Camp is a life-changing missions experience for Christian high school students willing to commit two weeks of their summer vacation to grow in their walk with Christ. Members of the Team Servant program are encouraged to follow the example of our Savior, who came to serve and minister to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of others.  Here is her testimony:

My parents always told me there would be a day when I would have to choose for myself, to follow Christ or not.. about ten years ago I was at a Vacation Bible School, and they were talking about Jesus and how He died on the cross for us to take away our sins and about being saved. The teacher asked the class if there was anyone ready to accept Christ to raise their hand, I thought I was ready so I raised my hand. They took me into a separate room and prayed with me, they asked if I wanted to be baptized and I said yes, so they took me to my mom and had me tell the exciting news. I told her I was ready to be baptized and she said I had to wait a bit. 

So about four years later I was asked if I wanted to be baptized of course I said yes! The pastor at the time came to my house and asked me a TON of questions and said I knew enough and he felt that I understood well enough to be baptized. I got baptized on Christmas Eve, I may have known the right answers to the questions the pastor asked, but one thing was missing.....I didn't have a personal relationship with Christ, nothing changed. 

I would pray and read the Bible occasionally, talk and hangout with the wrong people, yell at everyone, and start bad fights with my parents. I didn't want to cause trouble and I wanted to pray and read the Bible more but in my mind I would always say, I don't have time, and I don't know why I do what I do it just happens and there is nothing I can do about it. 

A couple years passed and I completely quit reading the Bible, I didn't pray at all, I was doing bad things, and hiding things from my parents. I have been questioning my faith for quite some time...I was confused because I LOVE sharing Christ with people, yet I wasn't living what I was speaking...all I was doing was sharing my knowledge of what I knew, I wasn't showing them what a relationship looked like. 

About a month ago I was talking to Jesse Hendon, and he helped me understand that what I was missing was a relationship with Christ. Since then I have felt a change in heart and soul, there was a peace I haven't felt before. I changed my ways and am continuing to change, I don't get into all the trouble or fight with my parents as much. I have started reading the Bible and look forward to learning more and I enjoy my prayer time more. 

I only hope to become closer and closer with God, and in every step I take I want to show others not only the love God has for us but how having a relationship with Jesus can change their lives. No more second guessing on my relationship with Him. I love the Lord with all my heart soul and mind and NOTHING will EVER change that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment